"In Ancient times, cats were worshipped as gods. They have not forgotten this." - Terry Pratchett
The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, gave them free rein to hunt down snakes, rats, scorpions, and other evil pests, mummified them like royalty, and venerated them in endless statues, hieroglyphs, and murals. So, obviously, I was looking for a little Egyptian pyramid cat house for my lazy pampered feline pharoah of the modern age to snooze in... the same one who is giving me a dirty look from across the room right now. Well, I couldn't find an Egyptian version, but I did discover something mysteriously similar from the complete opposite side of the world... this cool new yet also quite ancient-inspired Mayan Pyramid Cardboard Cat House. Close enough.
This nearly two foot tall Mayan pyramid for house cats is constructed from recycled corrugated cardboard panels that are easy to assemble - no glue required or heavy stones to move. Once complete, your royal cat can enter the pyramid through the cat head-shaped door for a long cat nap or just use the entire pyramid structure as a huge scratching post. Yes, your cute little furry cat god will still prefer to play in the cardboard shipping box that this cardboard pyramid arrives in, but will totally enjoy it while you're out walking the family dog in the pouring rain again.
Related Offers From Amazon.com
- Mayan Pyramid Cardboard Cat House
- Materials: Cardboard
- Unique Mayan pyramid design
- Eco-friendly, no glue, recycled corrugated cardboard - 100% Recyclable
- Instantly attracts your cat
- Strong enough (made from 4 mm (5/32 in) corrugated cardboard, the favorite material of your cat)
- Easy to clean, with a slightly moist tissue
- Easy to assembly, equipped with a nice visual instruction included in the shipping pack
- Easy to disassemble to save some space when it is necessary