Is your "Check Engine" light on? Before you take your car in to see the mechanic and get ripped off, give it a quick checkup yourself with the cool new CarMD - Handheld Vehicle Diagnostic Unit. This handheld gadget easily identifies vehicle problems and is even able to estimate repair costs.
Simply plug the CarMD into your vehicle's hidden 16-pin Data Link Connector (DLC), which is universal on all 1996 and newer OBD2-certified vehicles. Now turn your ignition to ON and the CarMD will automatically link to the vehicle's computer and retrieve all diagnostic information, just like your mechanic does. The CarMD has three color-coded LEDs that will now signal what to do next. Green means your good to go, everything checks out and yellow or red means there are problems. To determine exactly what these problems are and estimate what they are going to cost to repair, simply connect the CarMD to your PC via USB and a visit to the CarMD website will provide you with a complete diagnostic report. If you are on a road trip and not near a computer, you can also call CarMD's staff of ASE Certified Technicians who can help you diagnose problems and answer questions over the phone.
So when that "Check Engine Light" does come on, wouldn't it be helpful to have the same report and knowledge the mechanic has before going in for service? Wouldn't it be nice to know it was just a loose gas cap or something simple? This is also a great tool for testing out Used Cars, general maintenance peace of mind and travel readiness. This is almost a must have for any driver and a perfect gift.
Related Offers From Amazon.com
- Designed to work with 1996 and newer OBD2 compliant cars (OBD2- car's computer system used to acquire data and inform drivers of possible malfunctions)
- Specifically designed to detect hidden engine problems, particularly related to the 'check engine' light errors
- Find out if your vehicle is ready to pass its state emissions or smog test
- Foreign and domestic compatibility
- Use it from the comfort and safety of your front seat
- Works in seconds to indicate if there are any OBD2 related problems in your car's computer system
- Plug the tool into your personal computer for an easy-to-understand diagnostic report
- Gives estimated parts and labor costs by geographic region
- CarMD's database includes thousands of real-life fixes seen by automotive technicians over the past decade
- If CarMD does not have a solution for your vehicle's problem, the company guarantees its ASE Certified technicians will pinpoint the problem within 72 hours at no additional charge
- Receive lifetime software and vehicle updates
- Ability to quick-check an unlimited number of vehicles and coverage to run monthly diagnostic reports on up to 3 household vehicles
- If you buy a new vehicle, you can easily update it in your MyCarMD personal online account with no hidden charges or subscription updates
- Compact size easily fits inside a glove compartment, purse or toolbox
- Measures approx. 5.38"L x 2.38"W x 1.25"H