Pie Birds - Prevent Deflation, Boil-Overs, and Sagging Crusts
This cool new Pie Bird actually dates back to Victorian times when it was used to vent steam from a baking pie to prevent deflation, boil-over of fillings, and sagging crusts. You won't need four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie for this to work, just place one of these enameled stoneware bird-shaped chimneys in the center of a pie dish, add your fillings and crust around it and, while baking, it will allow the steam to rise up through its hollow body and vent out through its open beak. A great example of form and function working together to add a fun touch while baking professional-quality pies right in your very own home.
When you buy through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Related Offers From Amazon.com
$9.43 ($4.72 / Count)
- This traditional pie-making tool has been in bakers' kitchens since the Victorian age
- Pie bird sits atop the filling during baking and elevates the crust
- Hollow design to redirect moisture by releasing steam
- Helping to keep the crust intact prevents the filling from spilling over into the oven
- Use this pie bird in any fruit pie for incredible, professional-quality pies
- Made of enameled stoneware
- Lead-free and cadmium-free glaze
- Oven safe to 500° F
- Microwave, broiler, and freezer safe
- Size: 1.75" L x 1.75" W x 3.75" H
Subscribe To Our Newsletter! 😎
Get all the latest cool new stuff, cool news, and more delivered to your inbox daily!