Tired of paying the exorbitant prices for a little vial of your favorite essential oil? Then simply make your own with this Handcrafted Copper Alembic. This handcrafted copper alembic distiller can be used to make fragrant and healing essential oils, floral waters, or, I guess, even moonshine if you know what you're doing. To use, just fill the 7.9 gallon cucurbit with water and plant leaves like lavender, peppermint, chamomile, thyme, and more, heat it all up with the included propane burner, and the boiled liquid will convert to oil vapor, move through the long tube into the condensing pot where it will cool and transform into a concentrated distillate. I'm sure there's a bit of an art to producing your own essential oils, but this not only seems like a fun and interesting thing to learn to do, the copper alembic also looks quite decorative when not in use as well. Definitely a cool gift.
Related Offers From Amazon.com
- Classic copper alembic still used for centuries for making floral waters and essential oils
- It uses the same principles of alchemy developed over 1,200 years ago by Alkindus renowned as the "father of perfume distillation"
- Hand-hammered copper
- 7.9-gallon cucurbit
- Fill with water and your preferred fragrant plant leaves (such as lavender, peppermint, chamomile, or thyme)
- Cucurbit's liquid can be heated via an included propane burner or by a small fire as was done during the 9th century
- Boiled liquid produces oil vapor that moves to the condensing pot where it is cooled and converted into a concentrated distillate
- Handcrafted in Portugal
- Size: 28" H x 21.5" W x 15.75" D - 19.75 lbs