Forget the two-wheeled Segway, because the future of modern personal recreational vehicles is now down to one single wheel! The WheelSurf - Motorized Monocycle is not only cool, it's literally a reinvention of the wheel!
For about the price of a small 4-wheeled car, you can now sit in the center of one large spinning wheel, racing over grass and pavement at speeds up to 25 MPH! Like a bicycle, you simply balance while accelerating, lean from one side to the other to steer and brake as usual. It's powered by a 31cc, four-stroke 1 1/2-hp engine that operates a centrifugal clutch on the inner steel frame that engages the 67" diameter outer rubber-tired flywheel.
It's very cool and looks like a total blast to ride around on (unlike the similar version Mr. Garrison invented in South Park - see video below), but come on, it's the 21st century and all I really want is a hoverboard already.
Related Offers From Amazon.com
- Propels a single rider up to 25 MPH
- Powered by a 31cc, four-stroke 1 1/2-hp engine
- Operates using a centrifugal clutch on its inner steel frame to engage the larger 67" diam. outer flywheel
- Safely negotiates any dense surface such as pavement or grass
- Steered by leaning to one side or the other
- Finger throttle provides progressive acceleration
- Brake that provides confident stops for riders up to 275 lbs
- Original design conceived in Marseilles, France in 1869
- Not a street-legal vehicle