Is that boring old fern not doing it for you anymore? Then give your home a tropical houseplant update with a Brazilian Red Pineapple Plant. Yep, pineapples now come in red and you can grow one of your very own at home in a sunny spot. This exotic pineapple plant features the traditional swordlike spiny green leaves with a central sturdy stalk growing a unique red pineapple up above them. While this is an ornamental red pineapple that's not for eating, it is still way cool to look at.
- Tropical pineapple requires 6 hours of sunlight
- This interesting ornamental pineapple plant sprouts an actual red pineapple from a large center stem (not for eating)
- Swordlike spiny green leaves, formed in a dense rosette, with the fruit held in the center on a tall sturdy stalk
- Needs watering when the soil dries
- Best planted in a pot on the kitchen windowsill or in a sunroom