If you love Thai sticky rice, you no longer need to travel halfway around the world to Northern Thailand or even all the way down to your local Thai restaurant to get it. Now you can make this delicious sweet rice in your very own home with an authentic Thai Sticky Rice Pot.
This may look a bit complicated at first, but it's very easy to make. Just wash and soak uncooked sticky rice, also known as glutinous or sweet rice, in water overnight. Then fill up the pot with a couple of inches of water and bring it to a boil on your stovetop. When it begins to steam, wrap the pre-soaked rice in the included cheesecloth (makes cleanup easier), place it in the hand-woven basket, cover it with a small pan lid and then set the cone of the basket down over the pot to let it steam for about 20 minutes. The rice is ready when it's tender and slightly sticky, not mushy. To eat it traditionally, just use your bare hands to roll it up into little balls and dip them in sauces, curry, etc. Kind of cool and fun huh?
Related Offers From Amazon.com
- Corrosion-resistant pot is shaped in the traditional style and designed to support the rice basket
- Hand-woven basket fits snugly over the pot while cooking
- Incredibly durable, re-usable cheesecloth keeps rice from coming in contact with both basket and pot for easy cleanup
- Includes sticky rice pot, woven rice basket and reusable cheesecloth
- Hand wash cheesecloth and rinse pot after use for regular cleaning
- Woven basket does not require cleaning