When you grill flatbreads and seafood on a flat griddle stone over a hot fire, you are cooking alla piastra, a traditional Italian method of cooking. This classic technique can now used at home on your BBQ with the cool new Mario Batali Granite Piastra.
This unique double-sided Italian grilling stone conducts heat evenly, like cast iron, never rusts and features a raised grill surface on one side and a flat griddle on the other. Simply preheat the stone on the grill, brush it lightly with oil and sear away. Adds a nice gourmet touch to the usual summer BBQing.
Related Offers From Amazon.com
- Unique type of granite conducts heat evenly - much like cast iron
- Double-sided piastra has both a grill surface and a griddle surface
- To use, preheat piastra on grill, brush lightly with oil and sear
- Ideal for seafood and flatbreads
- Oven and microwave safe
- Care: Wash with hot, soapy water before first use
- Size: 10" x 14"