Transform a boring stick of butter or your own homemade variety into cool, three-dimensional roosters or lambs using these handmade German Butter Molds. Just soak these intricately hand-carved hardwood butter molds in cold water for 30 minutes, pack with your favorite butter, press together and chill in the fridge. They make unique tabletop accents around the holidays, but it's too bad there's no turkey version, although you may find one if you search around, since these unique molds have been around since the 18th century.
Right Now on Ebay.com
- Create a stunning, three dimensional butter lamb or rooster
- To use: Soak molds in cold water for 30 min., pack with butter, press together and chill
- Made of blemish-free, close-grained hardwoods with non-toxic natural finish
- Finely carved interiors and smoothly sanded exteriors
- Intricately hand-carved hardwood
- Butter molds became popular in 18th century Europe and are still used today in regions where people make their own butter
- Handmade, so dimensions may vary slightly
- Each holds approx. 4 oz butter (1/4 lb or 1/2 cup)
- Made in Germany
- Lamb Butter Mold Size: 5.5" x 3.25" x 1.75"
- Rooster Butter Mold Size: 4.5" x 4.25" x 1.75"