R2-D2, the beloved astromech droid from a galaxy far, far away is now available to entertain you right in your very own home with the cool new R2-D2 - Digital Audio and Video Projector.
Just like in the first Star Wars movie, this Artoo unit can project a 260 inch, 1024x768 resolution DVD movie or picture (no holograms) onto your wall or ceiling using a 1800 lumen Texas Instruments projector embedded in his dome. In addition to playing back the entire message, R2-D2 also features a complete array of multimedia extras like an iPod/MP3 docking station, CD/DVD player, built-in 20 watt stereo speaker system, memory card reader, USB slots, FM wireless audio out and additional audio/video inputs for connecting video game systems and more. Best of all, he can be maneuvered around the room with the included Millenium Falcon remote control to roll forward, reverse, recline, turn 360 degrees or turn his head.
This is a must have for any Star Wars collection, home theater or office conference room. The only thing this R2-D2 doesn't do is serve drinks, but he doesn't come with a bad motivator either, so that's good. I hope in the next version they add Blu-Ray and GPS, just in case I have to track him down.
Check out the video below to see Artoo in action. It must be seen to be believed. Amazing!
Right Now on Ebay.com
- Picture by DLP from Texas Instruments
- Project to ceilings and walls up to a 260-inch picture
- Resolution: 1024x768
- Contrast Ratio: 1800:1
- Brightness: 1800 Lumens
- Built-in CD/DVD player. Also plays MP3/MP4 video
- Compatible with memory cards: SD Memory Card, Memory Stick, SmartMedia, Multi Media Card
- iPod docking station, memory card and USB slots
- Built-in 20 watt stereo speaker system
- FM wireless audio out (channels 1 through 7)
- Full-function: forward, reverse turn 360 degrees and recline
- Millennium Falcon remote control with removable stand
- Head turns using Millennium Falcon remote control
- Plays the most popular R2-D2 sound effects
- 22" T x 14 1/2" W x 15" L - weighs 35 lbs.