I'm trying to convert everything in my kitchen over to it's silicone double. Silicone is an amazing material, because it's non-stick, heat-resistant, easy-to-clean, flexible, hygienic and doesn't retain odors or flavors. The next item up for replacement is the old bamboo steamer for the cool new and very modern Lekue Silicone Steamer.
The Lekue Silicone Steamer is a multi-tiered steamer made of 100% platinum silicone. Simply, boil some water in a pot that is between 7 3/4" to 8 1/2" in diameter, fill each section of the steamer with foods like vegetables, poultry, fish, meats, dumplings and more, place the steamer over the pot, cover with the included lid and let it cook. The lid creates a near hermetic seal and only allows a small amount of steam to escape. Steaming food preserves all the great flavors and nutrients and lets you enjoy a truly healthy and fat-free meal. Best of all, silicone is hygenic, easy to clean and dishwasher safe. I'm sold -- and hungry.
Related Offers From Amazon.com
- Made of 100% platinum silicone
- 2 tiers for quick and easy steaming
- Silicone is non-stick, heat resistant, easy to clean and hygienic since it doesn't retain odors or flavors
- 9-1/2" diameter, compartments 6 3/4" x 2" deep
- Fits over pots from 7 3/4" to 8 1/2" inside diameter
- Dishwasher safe
- Instruction booklet with recipes included
- Made in Barcelona Spain