I wanted the absolute best air cleaner for my home and I did quite a bit of research before buying. I wanted it to be really powerful, efficient, cool looking and it couldn't sound like a jet flying through my living room. I chose the BlueAir 601 HEPASilent Air Purifier and I chose wisely. The BlueAir 601 has been tested to be the most advanced air cleaners available and was rated best for its cleaning effectiveness, ease of use, and low noise output by the Hammacher Schlemmer Institute. If you have allergies, pets, smokers, someone and/or something polluting the air you breathe, the Blueair really is an incredible air purifier to have.I own and love mine (see pic), so here are a few thoughts. First of all, the design is sleek, simple and high-tech. It has a galvanized steel housing, the simple controls are located on the side and only a single blue light glows on the front. It really doesn't look anything like a typical air cleaner. Second, on first few power settings it runs virtually silent and you won't hear a peep; however, the high setting runs the unit full blast and it does get kinda loud. If you don't enjoy that kind of white noise, simply run it on high when you're away from home or at work and when at home run it on the silent settings. Third, the thing actually works. The air quality has changed dramatically. It smells noticeably cleaner and fresher and there's hardly any dust on anything anymore. I don't know about you, but I'd rather all that nasty airborne stuff end up in a filter instead of my lungs?
Related Offers From Amazon.com
- Blueair 601 is rated best for its cleaning effectiveness, ease of use, and low noise output by the Hammacher Schlemmer Institute
- Blueair 601 is rated number 1 of the 176 air purifiers in the January 2003 AHAM Room Air Cleaner Directory on the dust, pollen and smoke.
- 3-stage HEPASilent™ technology captures 99.97% of 0.1 micron particles, including pollen, dust mites, mold spores and pet dander
- HEPASilent™ technology that combines the best of the mechanical and electrostatic precipitator technologies
- Air exchange: 6 air changes per hour (679 sq ft room)
- Airflow output on three sides to avoid draft
- Quietest operation in the industry
- Galvanized steel housing
- Low energy consumption
- Easy rolling casters
- No Ozone Emission