Cork is an amazing sustainable resource that can be made into many more things than just wine corks, like this cool new Natural Cork Umbrella. This re-imagined umbrella with an elegant wooden handle replaces the typical fabric canopy with eco-friendly cork leather that easily withstands drenching downpours and does not require much maintenance. The certified cork used in the making of this stylish handmade umbrella comes from the thick bark of Cork Oak trees in Portugal. Like shearing wool from a sheep who then re-grow it, this unique tree bark is regularly harvested about every 9 years and the trees tend to live up to 200 years old. Cork is not only a highly renewable material, it's also naturally water-resistant, anti-allergenic, shock- and fire-resistant, mildew-, rot-, and mold-resistant, it repels insects, and even helps to absorb sound. Check out the video below to see how cork is harvested from the trees and made into products.
Related Offers From Amazon.com
- This cork umbrella not only withstands heavy downpours - it's also a real eye-catcher!
- Naturally dirt- and Water-repellent
- Handmade from sustainably produced and certified natural cork from Portugal
- Cork is also a renewable raw material - a cork oak tree is only peeled every 7-9 years
- The bark obtained is then processed into a cork fabric, also called cork leather
- Easily cleans with a little soapy water and a microfiber cloth
- Does not need to be treated or maintained - cork fabric becomes even smoother and softer with use!
- Wooden handle
- Size: 41.75" Diameter