I really want to start eating more rice, not so much for the health benefits or anything, but because I'm just plain bored with potatoes, pasta, etc. I think with rice, I can venture into so many other types of dishes which I can finally use in my Zojirushi Mr. Bento Lunch Jar. Now I don't want to just make simple instant rice, I want to make the real thing and I want the best rice cooker to make it for me. As far as I'm concerned, you can't beat the Zojirushi 10 Cup Induction Heating Rice Cooker & Warmer. Zojirushi is really the only name in quality rice cookers and this new model raises the bar even higher. It uses Induction Heating, which is a non-contact form of heating that produces heat instantly, with no start-up or warm-up period required. I don't really understand how it all works, but it basically uses crazy magnetic fields to cook absolutely perfect rice every time.
Even cooler, if you like brown rice, this unit can "activate" it. GABA Brown Rice Activation is a whole new way of cooking brown rice to increase its naturally occurring gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), an amino acid believed to lower blood pressure, improve kidney function and relieve stress.
Who knew that rice cookers could be so cool and so intelligent eh? Feel free to trade your favorite rice recipes or discuss your experiences with rice cookers in the Comments below.
Related Offers From Amazon.com
- Induction Heating technology heats the entire inner cooking pan for even cooking
- Menu settings include white, sushi, brown, semi-brown, mixed, sweet, porridge, rinse-free, GABA Brown and quick cooking
- GABA Brown menu or Brown Rice Activation available to activate brown rice for increased nutritional values
- Extra large colored LCD display with Clock and Timer function
- Melody signal
- Detachable inner lid.
- Capacity: 10 cups/1.8 liters
- Color: Premium White