Normally you would avoid placing glass over an open flame, but not with the cool new Whistling Glass Kettle. This uniquely transparent teakettle lets you watch the water boil, ensures pure tasting water unlike metal kettles and is made from thermal-shock-resistant lab-quality borosilicate glass that can be used on gas or electric stovetops.
It features a 12 cup capacity, a stay-cool lid that whistles when the water reaches a full boil, a large heat-resistant phenolic handle that offers a secure grip and can even be cleaned in the dishwasher. If you do use it on an electric range, it includes a small metal heat diffuser to keep it safely up off the electric coils.
It's definitely an interesting design for a kettle and perfect for boiling up water for tea, coffee, hot cocoa, soup and more, but remember, a watched pot never boils and it's going to be really hard not to watch.
Related Offers From Amazon.com
- 12-cup whistling kettle made of thermal-shock-resistant borosilicate glass
- View water as it boils and ensure pure tasting water
- Made from lab-quality boroscilicate glass with a heat-resistant handle
- Can be used on gas or electric stovetops
- Includes metal heat diffuser for safe use on electric range coils
- Great way to boil water for tea, coffee, cocoa, soup, and more
- Dishwasher safe
- Size: 9" x 6" x 7.5"