Aerogel - World's Lightest and Lowest Density Solid
Want to own a small piece of something truly cool? Comprised of 99.8% air and weighing in at only 3 milligrams per cubic centimeter (.00011 pounds per cubic inch), AeroGel has been recognized by Guinness World Records as the world's lightest and lowest density solid. This next-generation material is made by extracting the liquid component of a silica gel though a process known as supercritical drying, which results in a transparent Frozen Smoke. It's not only extremely light, it's also highly porous, super absorbent, and the world's best thermal insulating solid. It's currently being used by NASA for collecting comet samples and interstellar dust and as the insulating material aboard the Mars rover.
- 99.8% Air - also known as frozen smoke
- World's Lightest and Lowest Density Solid
- World's best thermal insulating solid
- Sample disc in small storage box
- Comes with handling instructions card
- Please note: disc is very fragile, must be handled carefully