Modernist Cuisine Baking Steel
This cool new Modernist Cuisine Baking Steel is an innovative and versatile steel baking "stone" made from a solid alloy with a thermal conductivity 18X greater than regular ceramic pizza stones. Not only can you replicate the high heat wood-fired oven experience when baking crispy pizzas and breads in a traditional oven, but it also can be used on induction cooktops as a griddle, on the grill as a cooking surface, or be chilled in the freezer for use as a cold plate. This plate of 3/8 inch pre-seasoned steel is virtually indestructible and won't shatter or crack either.
- Solid alloy baking surface has a thermal conductivity (k) 18 times greater than that of a ceramic pizza stone
- Plate of 3/8 inch steel holds enough heat to cook several pizzas to perfection in rapid succession.
- Pizzas cook faster and crispier
- Make Neapolitan-style pizzas with golden-brown, blistered crust in only 4 minutes
- Works as a griddle on induction cooktops
- Chill it in the freezer for a few hours, and use it as a cold plate
- Virtually indestructable - Won’t shatter or crack
- Preseasoned and easy to clean
- For home ovens (gas and electric), stovetops and grills
- Size: 16" W x 14" L x 3/8" D - 22 lbs
More Cool New Stuff: Bakeware