These cool new Pie Birds[/LINK} actually date back to Victorian times when they were used to vent steam from a baking pie to prevent deflation, boil-overs and sagging crusts. You won't need four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie for this to work, just place one of these ceramic bird-shaped chimneys in the center of a pie dish, add your fillings and crust around it and while baking the steam will rise up through its hollow body and vent out through its open beak. A great example of form and function working together to add a fun, decorative touch to your best pies.
- Iconic ceramic pie bird vents steam during the cooking process, preventing deflation and boil-overs
- Helps vent steam from boiling pie filling into oven
- Helps support the center crust from sagging
- Modeled after Victorian era design
- Made of high-quality ceramic
- Size: 3.25" x 3.75" H
More Cool New Stuff: Bakeware