Farina 1709 - Original Eau De Cologne
The term Eau De Cologne has become the generic way to say cologne, but in reality Farina 1709 - Original Eau De Cologne is a legendary perfume that originated in Cologne, Germany and has been produced since 1709 by Italian perfume maker Giovanni Maria Farina. Farina wrote to his brother Jean Baptiste in 1708 describing the scent, "I have found a fragrance that reminds me of an Italian spring morning, of mountain daffodils and orange blossoms after the rain" (Source). Eau de Cologne contains a mixture of citrus oils like lemon, orange, tangerine, bergamot, lime, grapefruit and neroli and essential oils like lavender, rosemary, thyme, petitgrain and jasmine, but the final formula remains a carefully guarded secret. It was originally delivered to nearly all the royal houses in Europe in an authentic glass Rosili flacon and this is still how it's shipped to this day. A really cool and unique gift!
- Produced since 1709 by Italian perfume maker Giovanni Maria Farina
- Named after Cologne, Germany where fragrance was first discovered
- Delivered to most of Europe's royal houses after it was created
- Original fragrance still made from a carefully guarded formula
- Shipped in an authentic glass Rosili flacon - 100 ml
- Size: 13" L x 2.25" Diameter - 12 oz